Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Wretched Man That I Am!"



Thursday, July 3, 2014

Scripture

Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? (Romans 7:24)

Reflection

One of the things I especially love about the Apostle Paul is his transparency and brutal honesty. He protests: “I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate” (vs. 15).

Paul desires to do what our Lord would have him do, but Paul, in his “flesh,” does the opposite. If this it true for Paul, how much more is it true for us?!

Paul’s “resolution” of this inner conflict is to turn to the grace of his Lord and ours. “Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (vs. 25).

Prayer

Dearest Lord Jesus, Rescue me from this body of death! In your gracious and merciful name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment